From a first date crossing the country to run a 50k to a 40 mile run through Letchworth Gorge, it seems that life is just one big adventure with stops at aid stations in every race in Rochester for Barb and Serafina. On this episode of the podcast, they find a moment in between their beer and pizza fueled long runs and take a break to debate the merits of shrimp, share their love of running, adventures, food and each other. Listen in and you just might find the secret to happiness. At the very least, you'll end up with a decent appetite.
- What exactly is the Plural of Octopus?
- Where to get a CLT (Coconut Lettuce Tomato) and some banging Poutine
Race Foods of Note:
- Winter TrailFest (TrailsRoc) - Amy Lopata's Soups
- Crooked Creek - Baked goods, "Those little peanut butter balls", Pizza, beer
- Lucifer's Crossing (Red Newt Racing) - Gorgers Burrito Bar, Ithaca Ginger Beer, Freezie Pops
- Mendon Trail Run - PB sandwiches
- Gorge Waterfalls - Wood Fired Pizzas
- Dirt Cheap - Rita's Italian Ice
- Twisted Branch - Happy Belly Life Burritos, Broken Dreams Beer
Foods NoT advisable for Optimal Running:
- Octopus. Don't eat Octopus. Ever.
- Texas Caviar