Jen DiSalvo joins me in the studio to tell us her story of quitting smoking and starting running to be a healty mom for her family. She went from couch to 5k, from 5k to half marathon and from half marathons to ultra... and this year was 3 ultras in 3 months. Jen is one of only 4 people to complete the inaugural Empire State Triad. 3 ultras, Many on the Genny (40 miles in June), Cayuga Trails (50 miles in July) and Twisted Branch Trail Run (100k in August.)
(Photo Credit L&R - The ever amazing Ron Heerkens Jr and Goat Factory MediaSupport Running Inside Out Podcast
- Can Lake 50 Ultras – Enabling Ordinary Runners to do the Extraordinary — Looking for a well-supported run in a spectacular setting with attractions for the whole family? Whether your goal is to run a first ultra, conquer a challenging 50-miler, or set a personal record, the Can Lake 50 is the race for you.
- Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons – iRunFar.com — Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons
- Trail Porn — It won't get you fired, even if you want it to!
- Tesla Hertz Run – …a weekend of races.
- Half Marathon — The Unlimited Breadsticks Half Marathon runs the length of the Seneca Trail from Boughton Park to the Historic Valentown Museum near Eastview Mall.
- Vol State Run | 314 mile run — The Vol-State is not just another ultramarathon. It is much more than that. The Vol-State is a journey, an adventure, and an exploration of inner space. It begins with a ferry ride across the Mississippi River, from Missouri to Kentucky, and finishes at “the Rock,” high atop Sand Mountain in Northeast Georgia. What lies in between are 314 miles of the great unknown.
- The Ridge Campground :: Mt. Morris, NY — The Ridge Campground is a family-friendly camping facility offering diverse accommodations from tent sites to RV sites along with cabin and trailer rentals.
- Empire State Triad — From quad crushing climbs, to awe inspiring views, the 3 most scenic ultra races in New York will include the USATF 50 Mile Trail Championship, a circumnavigation of the Grand Canyon of the East, and UTMB qualifier points.
- Twisted Branch Trail Run — Twisted Branch Trail has everything you are looking for in an ultra running experience. A classic old school point to point course that’s rooted in the Finger Lakes region. You’ll wind your way through some of the most brutal & beautiful places around.
- Red Newt Racing - Cayuga Trails 50 — A chance to run some of the most beautiful trails in our neck of the world. From continuous and sometimes steep ebbs and flows, waterfalls cascading through slot gorges, single track to runnable park service trails, creek crossings to historic stone stair cases that test the limits of lower extremities, it's truly a gem.