In this episode, I make the trip to Ithaca to see Ellie Pell in her natural habitat. We talk about her amazing 2019; Placing Top Woman in Buffalo Marathon and Many on The Genny, Winning Green Lakes 50k and Watergap 50k outright and then capping it all off with a 2:41 at Hartford Marathon which qualified her for the US Olympic Team Trials in Atlanta.
Along the way we discuss imposter syndrome, shaking the blahs, celebrating the little victories, being grateful for every mile run, the benefits of running with fast people and just generally loving running.
- 2019 Many On The Genny 40 Miler - Results
- Red Newt Racing - Water Gap 50K
- Mendon Trail Run - November 2, 2019
- Picky Oats Performance Oatmeal by Picky Bars
- Woman Wins 50K Ultra Outright, Trophy Snafu for Male Winner Follows
- The Shalane Effect — "You serve as a rocket booster for the careers of the women who work alongside you, while catapulting forward yourself."
- Run Faster - From the 5K to the Marathon: How to Be Your Own Best Coach — Ellie's "Coach" for her win at the Buffalo Marathon. By Brad Hudson and Matt Fitzgerald. Focuses on finding your speed through effort based workouts
- Burn the boat - Peter Bromka - Medium
- USA Track & Field - Qualifying Standards - Revised — Qualifying times for the Olympic Trials are designed to be ruthless. Designed to eliminate most marathoners and challenge even the best.
- OTQ 2:41:48 — Gazzellie
- Island Health & Fitness — What a cool place! Thanks for letting us borrow a space to record!